Thursday, February 3, 2011

An uplifting quote!

"And yet one word Frees us of all the weight and pain of life; That word is love."
-Sophocles

     This quote is from the Oedipus Cycle by Sophocles.  I was reading this book earlier this year, and although I didn't always find the book to be extremely enjoyable, this quote just jumped out at me.  I loved it, and highlighted it.  I was just looking through some old notes and found it, and thought I should share it with you all!  It's so true, too.  When we're feeling stress, sadness, or frustration, it all just evaporates with the love of a friend, child, spouse, parent, neighbor, or the rest of the endless possibilities.  Sometimes the love of even a stranger can ease our pain!  What do you guys think about this quote?  Share the love,
Love, Contemplation's Girl

1 comment:

  1. You left a comment on my blog but I dont recognize your name.... mind filling me in...

    ReplyDelete